Rochester Auto Injury Attorneys
Choose a Qualified Rochester Auto Injury Attorney
The Rochester Auto Injury Attorneys at Faraci Lange, have knowledge and skill at taking care of automobile and other motor vehicle accident claims and cases around the Rochester, Buffalo and Syracuse New York areas.
We have handled complex cases from insurance claims levels through trial and appeal to the advantage of our clients.
Failure to use proper care while using a motor vehicle creates negligence. Determining who was liable in an auto accident means figuring out who was negligent, and thus responsible for causing the accident. Finding of liability is often based on:
- Careless driving
- Failure to follow the speed limit
- Failure to heed traffic signs or signals
- Not signaling a turn
- Driving a car impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Driving and texting or cell phone use
- Collisions caused by defective or recalled vehicles
- Distracted driving
- Dangerous intersections
Accidents caused by drunk drivers may also lead to claims against bars and businesses who serve alcohol to persons who are visibly intoxicated
What to Do When You Have a Car Accident
If you have been involved in an automobile accident, or injured as a pedestrian:
- If you or anyone is injured, get medical attention as soon as possible.
- Obtain as much information as possible about the vehicles involved, as well as names, addresses and telephone numbers for drivers.
- Request the names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses.
- Make sure police are aware of any traffic violations that the operator may have committed.
- Promptly notify your insurance company about the accident.
- Obtain photographs of accident location, vehicles and injuries.
- Contact an attorney promptly to determine your legal rights.
A car accident can have a terrible effect on you and your family. You can you suffer physical pain as well as emotional injuries, others in your family could suffer. You will probably have your vehicle damaged. Expensive medical treatments and lost wages will effect your and your loved ones lives.
Many car accidents are the result of negligence or failure to drive in a safe manner. If another driver is responsible for causing your accident, they may also be responsible for the expenses you incurred as a result.
For a more detailed list, please see our page on What to do When You Have a Car Accident. Faraci and Lange, Rochester Auto Injury Attorneys